"Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you."― Mother Teresa
Heffernan Foundation was created in 2006 to support Heffernan Group's dedication and commitment to social responsibility through employee philanthropy, volunteerism and education. We are dedicated to giving generously in the communities where our employees work and live. Our current board members are:
- F. Michael Heffernan, Chairman
- Michelle Lonaker, Director
- Dan Sebastiani, Treasurer
- Louisa Tallarida, Secretary
- Emily Jonas, Member
- Hieu Tran Williams
- Kurt Scheidt
We believe in generous giving
We believe in helping those in need
We believe in supporting our communities
We believe in striving for positive change
Changing Futures Through Education
How Heffernan Foundation is Making a Difference
Who We Support
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." ― Dalai Lama
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center
Our Lady’s Inn
Grants to 501(c)3 nonprofits typically range from $2,500 - $10,000
Ways to Give
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." ―Albert Pike
Let’s Do Better!
- Increasing Heffernan Foundation’s scholarships to people of color
- Making donations to these five worthy nonprofit organizations:
- Consulting with external advisors to review existing policies and practices that can be further improved to promote inclusivity and diversity.
Finally, we are reflecting internally on ways we can do better as individuals, and we encourage each of our employees to do the same. Please continue to hold the lives of those lost in your heart, as we continue to find ways to do better together, in their honor.
President and CEO, Heffernan Insurance Brokers/Chairman Heffernan Foundation
Covid-19 – How to Help
The Heffernan Foundation is committed to the health and well-being of our supporters, our communities and the nonprofits we serve. Several of our nonprofit partners throughout the country are still working diligently to get food out to homebound seniors, high risk populations and children who would normally be on a free or reduced lunch program.
Below is a list of nonprofits we work closely with throughout the country.
Thank you for your continued support of the Heffernan Foundation and the nonprofits we support. We look forward to seeing you at a Heffernan event at a later date.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and Stay Connected
- Loaves Fishes CC – Contra Costa County
- Extra Food – Marin, CA
- St. Anthony SF – San Francisco, CA
- Sacred Hearts CS – San Jose, CA
- Hospitality Helps – San Francisco, CA
- Taste Catering has partnered with Meals on Wheels (Their fiscal sponsor) and Copia to assist the service industry workers and their families in San Francisco. When donating please indicate ‘Hospitality Helps’
"Happiness never decreases by being shared." ―Buddha